October 29, 2010

Doctor Who - Phoenix - Short Trips Collection Audiobook

On the trail of a rogue ‘thinking book’, a sentient bestiary of legendary and magical creatures which has escaped its publisher’s recall, the Eighth Doctor tracks the tome to Earth, where he finds it busily creating bizarre beasts such as a unicorn and a phoenix out of scraps of rubbish and animal parts. Aided by a talking cat and a house-bound neighbour under heavy medication for a mysterious rash, the Doctor must defeat the mythical creatures, and the book’s final manifestation, the personification of Fire...


First in a new series of audiobooks, based on Eighth Doctor short stories appearing in the Short Trips collections from Big Finish and BBC Books.

DOWNLOAD
Contains audio episode and CD cover.
Approx. 30 min, 76.3 MB, 320 KBPS, MP3

Part 1 of 1

This audio can be previewed by clicking on the Youtube video below:


Doctor Who - "Phoenix" - Audiobook is adapted from the short story appearing in Doctor Who - Short Trips: Indefinable Magic from Big Finish Publishing. To purchase the hardcover, visit:

amazon.com/Indefinable-Magic-Doctor-Who-Short
amazon.co.uk/Indefinable-Magic-Doctor-Who-Short

Doctor Who - Phoenix - Audiobook is an entirley not-for-profit fan-made production. Absolutely no rights given or implied.

9 comments:

  1. I'd really love to download this, as I've heard how great this story is, but when I go to megaupload, the site won't let me download the file. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just clicked on it myself and it seems to be working. Try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I'll keep trying. Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know again if it still doesn't work for you and I'll post a Rapidshare link as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried several downloads and many of them don't work , a massive Megaupload problem it seems like.
    Also, I can't get the rar files to open on my pc, is it possible to get a download in a different file format?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried several downloads and many of them don't work , a massive Megaupload problem it seems like.
    Also, I can't get the rar files to open on my pc, is it possible to get a download in a different file format?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, sorry Brian but unfortunately all of my files were hosted on Megaupload which no longer exists. I'm currently uploading everything to another file host but it will take some time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any news on when this may be available as I'd love to hear it?! With thanks, Mr Pepperpot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having some trouble with site at the moment, @Mr Pepperpot: Can't you access the Youtube video posted above? You can listen to it there. All of my audiobooks can previewed at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DickmitsAudiobooks?feature=mhee

    ReplyDelete